Sunday, September 8, 2013

Kano City Tour Day!

Sannu (Hello)! or Salama alaikum. 

I'm going to try to learn Hausa. It's a very difficult language, to me, but if you know arabic you're pretty much good to go. I need to listen to the accents more, because there are multiple tones and the way I'm use to spelling everything is completely different here. Please forgive my spelling. 

Enjoy the photos!

First sunset I enjoyed at the house. 

Dumpunana. It's shredded, dried and spiced beef. My co-workers sent me home with a bag!

Gorandussi Hills

I wore a scarf (thanks Mom) today to go into the city. I was told by a few people that it would draw less attention. 

One of the doctors took me out for lunch Friday and I asked if we could have Nigerian food. From left to right, Pepe goat soup, Egusi, Vegetables and pounded yams. DELICIOUS! 

New government building

Ride home from work

Coke is everywhere...

Alligator bag at the Central Market. 

Need Snake, Leather, Aligator, Lizzard shoes? They've got a ton.

Awesome masks. Might get a pair.
SHADE! Yes please. I decided to take a morning jog (late morning), and it was 97 degrees outside. It felt like 97 degrees. I'm hoping to jog a few times a week, so it'll have to be in the early morning. 

Goats along the way

My new lizard friend.

This is my second favorite tree, to the baobub. I'm so glad they have it here! I saw them all over Zambia.

Universal way to patch potholes. 

My new kicks for my jog! Thanks Mom.



2 comments: